Monday, July 20, 2009

Got nothing to do?

What do you do when you have nothing to do? Everyone must has their own way on how to use the time wisely (I wish). Well, I just want to suggest about this website which I think might be useful if you can spend about a couple of minutes every day.

Yahoo answer homepage.

Yahoo! Answer (YA) Yes. Some people may dislike this website since the answer to every question may not be reliable as anyone can simply answer it. Ya, no doubt in that. But, the thing is, you still get an overview from people around the world about the question you asked. Its up to you on how to sort out the answer within your knowledge.

I have joined YA since October 2008. Initially, the reason I join YA is to ask for opinion. I need opinions regarding my oral topic and decide to ask on YA.

The question sounds like this:

Some might say traveling around the world for 10 years is better than reading ten thousand books. Is it?

Within a few minutes, my question was answered and I never expect it to be so soon. Overall, I am glad with all the answers given and it did help me in the oral. After that, I involved actively in YA until I manage to reach Level 3. At that time, some how i think I'm addicted to it.

I can't stop answering question and actively throw my opinion in the
Religion and Spirituality section. Through this section, I discovered that they are many Atheist in other parts of the world who seek answers about the existence of God and the evidence. Apart from that, they are also people who questioned about Islam, Christians and stuff. Some how, I manage to give my view on certain things and this encourage me to learn more deeply about Islam. So, that I didn't give false knowledge.

Some questions that I've answered from this section are such as:

Muslims: why a women cant have more than one husband in the same time but a men can have more than one wife ?

Why Did Mohammed Get So Many Wives?

Muslims, Honestly speaking - would you want shariah law in the country you live in?

Muslims: Does it ever worry you?

To all Muslims, Jews, Christians and Hindu's - why does God want you to pray in a specific way?

Those are some of the questions that I have tried to answer. Maybe you might think that what's the point of answering those questions. Well, the point is, at least you can help them with the knowledge you have. At least you can routed your knowledge to somewhere that can benefited some one. May be through your answer, someone get inspired or realised about the truth. The possibilities are there. In other words, you are doin da'wa. InsyaAllah.. I guess, that's all for now.

p/s:Me myself is not so active in YA anymore but I'll try to view some questions sometimes. I hope that by posting this, I kind of reminding myself too. Last time when I was busy with Sem 3 and Sem 4, I always find time for YA. Now that IB is over and I got nothing to do, I rarely open YA.. Mm.. why ya?..
Maybe, when we are busy, we use our time more wisely...


No comments: