Friday, July 15, 2011

HKL Diaries 2

Alhamdulillah. Completed my first week of practical at HKL. The 4th and 5th days were quite common. Nothing much to be said. It just that, in the hospital, I can see gathering of stories of people from different background.

When taking the patient medical history, you'll got to know a bit about the family histories as well.  Sometimes when I got nothing to do, I just approach the patients' mother and ask questions. At first it was medically related and suddenly the topic changed. It depends on who do you talk to and how.

Actually I wanted to write a story about three siblings that I met in the ward that I am on duty. I'll be missing them for sure. It was my first time met with such kids. They are neglected child. When I first got to know their name, I said, 'wah, sedapnya nama budak2 ni'.


They were admitted to the hospital on last Monday(in the evening). When I arrived in the ward on the second day of my practical, I saw the three kids were still lying on the bed; sleeping, wondering what sickness they are suffered from. I am curious to know about them, until later that I knew they are not sick.

I listened to the HO who took their medical history. It's quite interesting to see how to take history from small patient. You need to use their language. :) Actually those kids came from a problematic family. Maybe its kinda completed to write it here. But I think it's enough to know that this are only one of many other cases of its kind that I got the chance to meet with.


Theses three kids are very active. They are quite grown up but their physical do not really represent their age. They are differ by each other by one year.  Listening to how they speak between each other told me about the way they are treated at home. Children are easily influence by their environment that it is important to ensure conducive education for them since small.
I spent much of the time talking to them. Hoping that they can become a good person in the future. 

I asked them a few questions about Islam. Just seeking how deep is their knowledge in it and wanted to instill their interest. Among the topics that I asked are like, solah, the 5 pillars, who is God, the prophets, etc. Glad that they are positive about it and one of them;the eldest liked to hear the Prophet's stories. But, my bad for not having much stories to tell.

This evening, I wave them a good bye for they are going to be discharge. They will be taken by some sort of welfare center to be taken care of. Hope I have the chance to meet them again in the future. 


I ended the first week, spending times with this three kids. Wondering what the other two weeks will be filled up with.  Just pray hard that the children will become a well-grown up person insyaAllah.


Keep on holding tight to HIM

No comments: