Monday, August 24, 2009

Braces lesson

Last time my nine years old sister watched the television and she saw someone wearing this.



I'm sitting next to her. Then she said:

"orang tu pakai gelang kat gigi dia"

and I said:

"Iraaa..?"

What i want to say here is, although we are looking at the same thing but the way she think is not the same like what I think of. It is clear to me that the person in the TV is wearing a braces but this is not clear to her (my sister). Maybe because she never saw anyone with braces before.

Then I explained to her about braces and she seems to have more questions coming over. (Just like my TOK essay title: In expanding the knowledge we but increase the horizon of ignorance)

So, when applied this situation in the real world, we see the same thing happen everyday but everyone has their own way of interpreting them. It is not because I am right or you are wrong or vice versa. It is just the way we think. Just like my sister thought that braces is a bracelet wearing at the teeth.

If somehow you have a contradicting view with someone else, there's nothing to argue about. Just take some time to discuss.



No comments: